Be a Group Leader
There is no wrong or right way to lead an IDEA User Group. Whether you have a passion for IDEA or just want more opportunities to learn from fellow IDEA users, your group can be successful. We encourage sharing the responsibilities, such as hosting and leading, with members of the group. We encourage using your companies conference rooms, as it gives the company great exposure to the community. As long as you share the goal of getting more out of IDEA, all else is negotiable.
Group Leader Perks
In addition to being recognized as a leader in the IDEA community, we want to give a little back as a thank you to being a group leader. For each successful user group meeting, Audimation will provide 2 hours of time with our Professional Services team for assistance with script development, importing and coaching / expert assistance. Leaders may earn up to 8 hours a year for professional services.
Support from Audimation Services
We appreciate that our leaders are busy. We want to do all we can to help User Groups run smoothly and be successful. We encourage our leaders to take advantage of our different support options.
- IDEA User Communication: we can send emails to IDEA users in your area to help promote upcoming meetings and encourage participation on the group.
- Meeting Registration: we can post group meeting information to our website and manage registrations for meeting. We also offer options for virtual meeting attendance.
- Giveaways: we're happy to provide collateral and giveaways for IUG attendees.
- Speakers: we'll always encourage leaders and group members to lead the meeting. If you need assistance finding a speaker, we may be able to help. We can also make arrangements for remote speakers and virtual attendance.
- Lunch is on us! attendees can be reimbursed up to $10 per person to help cover cost. In order to qualify for reimbursement, a minimum of 6 people need to be in attendance.
After a plan has been created, think about what your first meeting should cover. For most, this is an introduction and discussion session. Remember, the best part of the IDEA User Groups is building a community that has the freedom to discuss or present whatever topic you choose!