Our experts are available to help you save time and effort. If it takes you more than 20 minutes to utilize any IDEA function or feature, contact us for assistance. We're here to help you!
1-888-641-2800 Select option #4
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (CST)
Tips for Working with Our Help Desk
We are here to help you be more productive, and maximize your use of IDEA's capabilities. When contacting us, we operate on a first-in, first-out basis where calls and e-mails are addressed in the order they are received. Any calls or e-mails received after hours are handled first thing the following business day. If you call, please leave a voice message - we will return your call. Some other things to keep in mind to help us assist you are:
- Data Files - It is often beneficial for us to see your data files to provide you with assistance. We use a file sharing site where you may upload large data files rather than zipping and e-mailing them. This is a secure site with password-protected folders, which are only available to you for a specified length of time. We prefer using this secure site for data files over 10MB. We can walk you through the upload process.
- GoToMeeting - If you are unable to send us your data files, or you have an issue that requires hands-on assistance, we can arrange a GoToMeeting to view the data on your system and watch the steps you are taking to better assist you.
We have complied some helpful guides for commonly-used analytics including guidelines for requesting data, Benford's Law, payables test sets and financial tests using SmartAnalyzer.
- Benford's Law Guide
- SmartAnalyzer - Financial Tests
- SmartAnalyzer - Financial Data Fields
Support & Maintenance
When you purchase IDEA or IDEA Server, you receive one full year of support and maintenance. Support is renewed on an annual basis and offers these valuable benefits:
- Unlimited Toll-Free Calls & E-mails to Help Desk Support - Live expert help with importing files, creating an equation, joining databases, or whatever your challenge is.
- Software Service Packs & Upgrades - Download the latest versions and service packs.
Current Version: IDEA Version 9.1 - Compatible with Windows 7. MS Excel 2010 files can be imported into IDEA and the Reporter Reader PDF converter has been enhanced to convert more non-standard PDF files.
- CaseWare IDEA Support Site
- Access instructional videos and tutorials
- Download 20+ free custom @functions to perform complex calculations and exception testing
- Download 20+ free IDEAScripts and learn how to develop your own - IDEAScripts automate additional functions, routines, dialogs and processes for IDEA
- Search 100+ topics in the Knowledge Base or participate in the User Forum where you can exchange questions and responses with IDEA users worldwide