||Two days (16 CPE)
||9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
||Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows® desktop environment and Microsoft Office® applications
You will be working within a virtual lab, no IDEA license is required to attend. If you have any further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Payment is due before the course. Occasionally it is necessary for Audimation Services to cancel a scheduled course. If a course is cancelled, the prepaid tuition can be: 1) refunded; 2) applied to another course for the same or a substituted colleague.
- Courses are offered in Central Standard Time. Please adjust your schedule accordingly.
- This is a live course, your attendance is required throughout the entire class.
- Your training manual will be delivered by email. Please provide your current email address during registration
- Once registration is completed, you will recieve pre-check instructions to follow. Your trainer will send your login information one week prior to the course.
After completing this training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the purpose and use the basic features and functions IDEA offers, including navigating the IDEA Ribbon to quickly access audit-specific commands
- Determine what data is required, and how to obtain and import different data types into IDEA
- Effectively manage and use multiple databases
- Reconcile and examine data to search for outliers and potential fraud
- Isolate specific records for further investigation
- Profile data using stratification and summarization
- Identify irregularities including duplicate key and gap detection
- Apply commonly-used sampling techniques: systematic, random and stratified random
- Audit a general ledger file using a case study example
- Manipulate and add fields
- Use IDEA @Functions and build equations to add virtual fields, filter, sort and match data
- Work with multiple databases: appending and joining databases
- Basics for building equations to automate repeatable processes
- Document, report and share your findings
Audimation Services, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of the continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: nasbaregistry.org
CPAs may contact us by email at email@example.com to receive promotional materials containing details on the required elements of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.