CaseWare IDEA Applications
The following tests are relevant where the accounts are interest bearing deposits from customers.
- Stratify balances by size
- Group accounts by product type
- Age investment portfolio to analyze interest rate re-pricing risk
- Stratify portfolio by size
- Summarize portfolio by type, issuer, interest rate, maturity, etc.
- Create charts of investment portfolio information
- Cast (or total) accrued interest
- Prove interest capitalization, charges
- Re-perform individual interest calculation
- Extract unusual interest rates or amounts
- Identify/summarize dormant accounts and identify transactions thereon
- Identify negative balances
- Identify accounts with suppressed statements
- Identify any records that are not complete or up-to-date
- Test for money laundering
Many of the previous tests are applicable to current or checking accounts. There are also a number of tests that can be carried out when searching for money laundering.
Other Tests Applicable in Certain Cases
Areas of Applications
- Identify forward-dated transactions
- Provide totals of forward-dated transactions
- Identify overdue maturities
- Identify customers over their overdraft limit or customers with expired limits
- Identify dormant accounts and transactions thereon
- Re-perform currency conversions
- Provide details of currency exposure
- Test for cut-off
, CaseWare IDEA
Jul 24 The rise in online shopping has sharply impacted state sales tax revenue. Rather than increasing the tax rate, states are setting parameters to define nexus, wh...
Jul 24 There are times when you import a date field and it just does not work out as expected. Here are ways to address the problem before or after the import.
Jun 19 Using IDEA’s Join and Visual Connector features can help you search for matches and correlations between different data sets, but they are often confused with...
BROWSER NOT SUPPORTED
This website has been designed for modern browsers. Please update. Update my browser now