IDEA Users Working Remotely: We’re here to help! Please contact our IDEA Help Desk to ensure there is minimal disruption to your daily workflow.
CaseWare IDEA Applications
The following tests are relevant where the accounts are interest-bearing deposits from customers.
- Stratify balances by size
- Group accounts by product type
- Age investment portfolio to analyze interest rate re-pricing risk
- Stratify portfolio by size
- Summarize portfolio by type, issuer, interest rate, maturity, etc.
- Create charts of investment portfolio information
- Cast (or total) accrued interest
- Prove interest capitalization, charges
- Re-perform individual interest calculation
Other Tests Applicable in Certain Cases
Areas of Applications
- Identify forward-dated transactions
- Provide totals of forward-dated transactions
- Identify overdue maturities
- Identify customers over their overdraft limit or customers with expired limits
- Identify dormant accounts and transactions thereon
- Re-perform currency conversions
- Provide details of currency exposure
- Test for cut-off
, CaseWare IDEA
At times, any manufacturing enterprise can feel like a web of mysteries and riddles. Just keeping track of all the moving parts—from supplier relationship...
Originally published in the June 2017 issue of Strategic Finance.
Written by Kurt Reding, Wichita State University, & Carolyn Newman, Audimation Services
More than ever, auditors are taking on the role of programmers; writing scripts to run automated analysis and tests on a regular basis for the organization. Luc...
BROWSER NOT SUPPORTED
This website has been designed for modern browsers. Please update. Update my browser now