CaseWare IDEA Applications
The following tests are relevant where the accounts are interest bearing deposits from customers.
- Stratify balances by size
- Group accounts by product type
- Age investment portfolio to analyze interest rate re-pricing risk
- Stratify portfolio by size
- Summarize portfolio by type, issuer, interest rate, maturity, etc.
- Create charts of investment portfolio information
- Cast (or total) accrued interest
- Prove interest capitalization, charges
- Re-perform individual interest calculation
- Extract unusual interest rates or amounts
- Identify/summarize dormant accounts and identify transactions thereon
- Identify negative balances
- Identify accounts with suppressed statements
- Identify any records that are not complete or up-to-date
- Test for money laundering
Many of the previous tests are applicable to current or checking accounts. There are also a number of tests that can be carried out when searching for money laundering.
Other Tests Applicable in Certain Cases
Areas of Applications
- Identify forward-dated transactions
- Provide totals of forward-dated transactions
- Identify overdue maturities
- Identify customers over their overdraft limit or customers with expired limits
- Identify dormant accounts and transactions thereon
- Re-perform currency conversions
- Provide details of currency exposure
- Test for cut-off
, CaseWare IDEA
May 15 We are inundated with data on a daily basis. Here are a few time-saving tips for transforming your raw or jumbled data into useful information.
Apr 16 Leaders of professional associations are urging auditors to embrace emerging technologies to advance the industry, create audit efficiencies and manage organiza...
Mar 29 Python is considered the official programming language for non-programmers. It gives you increased flexibility and expansive access to your data. For those usin...
BROWSER NOT SUPPORTED
This website has been designed for modern browsers. Please update. Update my browser now