CaseWare IDEA Applications
Here are some examples of analyses that can be performed using IDEA. Data from different systems can be brought together for complete analysis. Ultimately, you are only limited by your imagination.
The following tests are relevant where the accounts are interest bearing deposits from customers.
- Stratify balances by size
- Group accounts by product type
- Age investment portfolio to analyze interest rate re-pricing risk
- Stratify portfolio by size
- Summarize portfolio by type, issuer, interest rate, maturity, etc.
- Create charts of investment portfolio information
- Cast (or total) accrued interest
- Prove interest capitalization, charges
- Re-perform individual interest calculation
- Extract unusual interest rates or amounts
- Identify/summarize dormant accounts and identify transactions thereon
- Identify negative balances
- Identify accounts with suppressed statements
- Identify any records that are not complete or up-to-date
- Test for money laundering
Many of the previous tests are applicable to current or checking accounts. There are also a number of tests that can be carried out when searching for money laundering.
Other Tests Applicable in Certain Cases
- Identify forward-dated transactions
- Provide totals of forward-dated transactions
- Identify overdue maturities
- Identify customers over their overdraft limit or customers with expired limits
- Identify dormant accounts and transactions thereon
- Re-perform currency conversions
- Provide details of currency exposure
- Test for cut-off
, CaseWare IDEA
Mar 29 Python is considered the official programming language for non-programmers. It gives you increased flexibility and expansive access to your data. For those usin...
Jan 24 Data is often underutilized. The opportunity to use data analytics to gain insights, add more value and unravel opportunities are endless. We’ve rounded u...
Nov 21 One of the greatest benefits to CaseWare IDEA is the sheer amount of data it can read and make universally consumable – both in file types and in data...
BROWSER NOT SUPPORTED
This website has been designed for modern browsers. Please update. Update my browser now