IDEA Users Working Remotely: We’re here to help! Please contact our IDEA Help Desk to ensure there is minimal disruption to your daily workflow.
CaseWare IDEA Applications
A major area for government work is in auditing the various taxes collected at local and national level. Tests are often very specific to the departments concerned but there are some general points.
- Age arrears and then split between types of charge
- Analyze write-offs and refunds
- Prove year-end balances and then assess the arrears position
- Calculate taxes and determine if they are within reasonable boundaries
- Test the validity of charges and expenses raised
- Identify large write-offs and refunds
- Recalculate sales taxes, goods and services taxes or value added taxes from sales and isolate errors
Matching and Comparing
Areas of Applications
- Cross-check property taxes to property registers (if possible) to ensure a charge has been raised for each property
- Check expenses claimed by one organization and how they tie in to declared revenue of suppliers
, CaseWare IDEA
While data analysis tools have been around for more than 25 years, the rate of adoption is growing exponentially due to the amount of data auditors are required...
One of the critical advantages data analytics delivers is the ability to slice and dice data, then search for any anomolies or anything else out of place that m...
Hotkeys are a useful tool that can make navigation of the IDEA software a little quicker. They allow users to work in IDEA without ever needing to use a Mouse.
BROWSER NOT SUPPORTED
This website has been designed for modern browsers. Please update. Update my browser now