CaseWare IDEA Applications
A major area for government work is in auditing the various taxes collected at local and national level. Tests are often very specific to the departments concerned but there are some general points.
- Age arrears and then split between types of charge
- Analyze write-offs and refunds
- Prove year-end balances and then assess the arrears position
- Calculate taxes and determine if they are within reasonable boundaries
- Test the validity of charges and expenses raised
- Identify large write-offs and refunds
- Recalculate sales taxes, goods and services taxes or value added taxes from sales and isolate errors
Matching and Comparing
Areas of Applications
- Cross-check property taxes to property registers (if possible) to ensure a charge has been raised for each property
- Check expenses claimed by one organization and how they tie in to declared revenue of suppliers
, CaseWare IDEA
May 15 We are inundated with data on a daily basis. Here are a few time-saving tips for transforming your raw or jumbled data into useful information.
Apr 16 Leaders of professional associations are urging auditors to embrace emerging technologies to advance the industry, create audit efficiencies and manage organiza...
Mar 29 Python is considered the official programming language for non-programmers. It gives you increased flexibility and expansive access to your data. For those usin...
BROWSER NOT SUPPORTED
This website has been designed for modern browsers. Please update. Update my browser now