CaseWare IDEA Applications
A major area for government work is in auditing the various taxes collected at local and national level. Tests are often very specific to the departments concerned but there are some general points.
- Age arrears and then split between types of charge
- Analyze write-offs and refunds
- Prove year-end balances and then assess the arrears position
- Calculate taxes and determine if they are within reasonable boundaries
- Test the validity of charges and expenses raised
- Identify large write-offs and refunds
- Recalculate sales taxes, goods and services taxes or value added taxes from sales and isolate errors
Matching and Comparing
Areas of Applications
- Cross-check property taxes to property registers (if possible) to ensure a charge has been raised for each property
- Check expenses claimed by one organization and how they tie in to declared revenue of suppliers
, CaseWare IDEA
Jul 24 The rise in online shopping has sharply impacted state sales tax revenue. Rather than increasing the tax rate, states are setting parameters to define nexus, wh...
Jul 24 There are times when you import a date field and it just does not work out as expected. Here are ways to address the problem before or after the import.
Jun 19 Using IDEA’s Join and Visual Connector features can help you search for matches and correlations between different data sets, but they are often confused with...
BROWSER NOT SUPPORTED
This website has been designed for modern browsers. Please update. Update my browser now