CaseWare IDEA Applications
Here are some examples of analyses that can be performed using IDEA. Data from different systems can be brought together for complete analysis. Ultimately, you are only limited by your imagination.
A major area for government work is in auditing the various taxes collected at local and national level. Tests are often very specific to the departments concerned but there are some general points.
- Age arrears and then split between types of charge
- Analyze write-offs and refunds
- Prove year-end balances and then assess the arrears position
- Calculate taxes and determine if they are within reasonable boundaries
- Test the validity of charges and expenses raised
- Identify large write-offs and refunds
- Recalculate sales taxes, goods and services taxes or value added taxes from sales and isolate errors
Matching and Comparing
- Cross-check property taxes to property registers (if possible) to ensure a charge has been raised for each property
- Check expenses claimed by one organization and how they tie in to declared revenue of suppliers
, CaseWare IDEA
Mar 29 Python is considered the official programming language for non-programmers. It gives you increased flexibility and expansive access to your data. For those usin...
Jan 24 Data is often underutilized. The opportunity to use data analytics to gain insights, add more value and unravel opportunities are endless. We’ve rounded u...
Nov 21 One of the greatest benefits to CaseWare IDEA is the sheer amount of data it can read and make universally consumable – both in file types and in data...
BROWSER NOT SUPPORTED
This website has been designed for modern browsers. Please update. Update my browser now