IDEA Users Working Remotely: We’re here to help! Please contact our IDEA Help Desk to ensure there is minimal disruption to your daily workflow.
CaseWare IDEA Applications
Here are some examples of analyses that can be performed using IDEA. Data from different systems can be brought together for complete analysis. Ultimately, you are only limited by your imagination.
Distribution/service companies have many of the standard ledgers, Payroll and Accounts Payable files, which can be key concerns.
- Combine extracted data from financial reports for presentations
- Automatically manage lists with select, extract, prints, and count commands
- Merge audit verification letters with accounts and balances for external audit
- Generate multiple marketing mailings based on historical customer purchases
- Perform marketing tests with random name selections for promotional letters
- Create an auto-extract of activity data for direct transfer to spreadsheets
- Generate sales/profitability reports by sales representative, product, and customer
- Recap product sales by region, customer, and category
- Identify high sales volumes by region, customer, and category
- Extract all sales data for audit by customer, product, and region
- Compare ratios of current sales to open receivables (high-low; low-high)
- Summarize shipments by warehouse for product distribution analysis
Sales Order Control
- Report on the correlation between items shipped and items ordered
- Analyze open orders and open invoices by customer for credit control
- Isolate detail and average backlogs by customer, item, and location
- Reconcile booked items to inventory reserved (on hold) items
- Control profits by calculating line item margins before shipment
- Analyze product demand by summarizing products ordered by due date
Areas of Applications
- Create real-time service tracking reports in any format to manage fieldwork
- Coordinate service personnel schedules to maximise performance in real time
- Quickly recap the routes and times of service calls by employee and area
- Compare arrival and service times for field service representatives
- Calculate the cost of service by call for labor, materials and transportation
- Compare service report time to time-card hours from payroll
, CaseWare IDEA
Cory Windham, Sarah Palombo – August 18, 2015
“Relevance” has become a buzzword among audit professionals as of late. It encapsulates the r...
In a recent article, we introduced the improvements to Stratified Random Samples and Python integration added in IDEA 10.3. But that’s just a small part of th...
Importing data into IDEA is a popular topic. But sometimes, it might be useful to take those IDEA databases and work on them in another application such as Tabl...
BROWSER NOT SUPPORTED
This website has been designed for modern browsers. Please update. Update my browser now